What can I put in my Bins?
Mid Suffolk and Babergh District Council operate an alternate week collection scheme, this means that one week they will collect your refuse bin (BLACK) and the following week the recycling bin (GREEN) will be collected. The service is operated by the contractor Serco.
What day is my bin collected?
Click here to find out which bin will need to be placed out
To ensure that your wheeled bin is collected, please make sure that:
- The correct bin(s) are presented by 06.30am on the day of collection.
- The bin lids are firmly closed.
- The bins are placed at the nearest point to the public highway.
- Any additional waste is placed in authorised sacks, no waste in black sacks beside the bin will be taken.
- If the recycling bin is contaminated it will not be emptied.
- Make sure you know what goes in your bin by checking the Getting it Right leaflet (212 kB, PDF).
Bank Holiday and Public Holidays
There will be changes to your collections on bank holidays and public holidays. Please see the collection calendar above for further details. During adverse weather conditions such as ice and snow the collections may be disrupted. We will always notify residents on the front page of the website if this is the case.
Bottle, Newspaper and Clothes Recycling
A bottle bank along with Newspaper and Clothing Bank is located at the east end of the village, adjacent to Westhorpe Hall.
Follow Church Road in the direction of Wyverstone. Indicate left as you pass Tudor Court and turn into the driveway for Westhorpe Hall. You will see the bottle bank on your left before you reach the hall.